AssistingFour parents assist the teacher in the classroom each day, which means each family is responsible for an average of 10-12 assist days per semester. Assist parents help set up, provide snacks, supervise projects and play, and clean up. Assist duties rotate throughout the semester.
Job AssignmentIn addition to assisting in the classroom, each family is assigned a job essential to the operation of the school. Jobs include field trips coordinator, assist day scheduling, website maintenance, pet care, treasurer, and membership coordinator.
All members are required to attend:
- Fall orientation and general membership meeting
- Spring general membership meeting
- Monthly room group meetings
- One classroom cleanup per year
- Monthly board meetings are required for board members and optional for all other members.
Social ActivitiesThe social chairperson plans various fun events throughout the year both for families and for parents only. Previous activities have included:
- Family potluck at a local park
- Parents' Night Out
- Family swims
- Summer Wednesdays at local parks
Need More Information?
For more information, to arrange a tour of the school, or to request that an application be mailed to you, please contact our Membership Chair at:
firstname.lastname@example.org | (734) 769-7966
2018 - 2019 Application Form